For the past few months Caroline Clay, an Occupational Therapist, has been delivering training to the staff team at Grange View Children’s Home focusing on the importance of sleep for young people. Staff at the home had identified that there was ...￼ Continue reading
“Teachers, therapists and residential staff work very well together to keep pupils very safe and support their excellent personal and social development”.Ofsted
The Grange Integrated Therapeutic Provision is a co- educational, specialist 52 week fully integrated, therapeutic, education and care facility situated on a 10 acre site near Durham.
The provision meets the needs of young people aged 8 to 19 exhibiting a diverse range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, alongside other associated conditions.
The clarity and quality of cross-site communication between the children’s homes and learning centre enables each young person to experience our ‘wrap around’ approach, where care, education and therapy work cohesively together to release the potential of each young person.
The Grange allows young people who have struggled in previous educational environments and home settings to build positive relationships so that they feel safe, happy and motivated to succeed.
Our Aims & Ethos
We are committed to providing our pupils with a caring, positive and welcoming learning environment where they can achieve their full potential in their education and develop their social communication.
Our broad curriculum allows pupils to pursue both academic and vocational paths allowing individuals to strive in their areas of strength.
The Grange is committed to the following principles:
- To respect the value of all individual pupils and staff
- To provide the highest standards of care and education
- To ensure safety, security and opportunities for success
At a Glance
“The school develops highly individualised timetables for each pupil, tailored to their abilities and interests, to give them the maximum chance for success”Ofsted
Below are just some of the key aspects of The Grange’s offer to our young people and their families:
- Well trained staff team, across both education and care, with high staffing ratios providing specialist care and support through planned programmes
- A comprehensive learning centre with a range of specialist teaching facilities equipped with state of the art technological resources to engage young people and develop skills and confidence
- Purpose built, high quality children’s homes, all with en-suite facilities and a range of reception/living areas, furnished and equipped to the highest standards
- A multi-use games area and other on-site recreational facilities
- Highly personalised, structured curriculum with a full range of nationally accredited qualifications including GCSEs and vocational qualifications
- On-site Therapeutic Services Team that includes an Accredited Counsellor, Consultant Child Psychiatrist, Educational Psychologist, and a Speech and Language Therapist
Message from the Head Teacher
Welcome to the Grange Learning Centre. Set in its own grounds the The Grange is a vibrant, happy and purposeful community in which every pupil is known and valued. We are clear in our vision to provide high quality education and care, offering a highly personalised structured curriculum for pupils ensuring positive learning and social outcomes.
I hope that this website gives you an idea of the opportunities on offer; however, a school is best understood by a visit to see it in action. We are here to help parents, carers, social workers and local authorities in their search for the right provision for young people. If you feel that you would like to know more, or to arrange a visit, please don’t hesitate to get in contact
What we’ve been up to at The Grange – Integrated Therapeutic Provision
From the 1st December the excitement of opening the window to our advent calendars and devouring a piece of chocolate is what we all look forward to, however Grange View’s young people and staff chose not to take part in the traditional advent ...￼ Continue reading
Sign up to our newsletter to receive leading advice and support, along with all our latest news and events, direct to your inbox.