Staff and pupils are celebrating at Oakwood Learning Centre following the publication of their latest report by Ofsted. The school has been judged as outstanding in all areas again, which highlights the incredible learning environment the school ...￼ Continue reading
Oakwood Integrated Therapeutic Provision is a co- educational, specialist 52 week fully integrated, therapeutic, education and care facility situated on an 8 acre site near Darlington.
The provision meets the needs of young people aged 8 to 18 exhibiting a diverse range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, alongside other associated conditions.
The clarity and quality of cross-site communication between the children’s homes and learning centre enables each young person to experience our ‘wrap around’ approach, where care, education and therapy work cohesively together to release the potential of each young person.
Oakwood allows young people who have struggled in previous educational environments and home settings to build positive relationships so that they feel safe, happy and motivated to succeed.
Our Aims & Ethos
We are committed to providing our pupils with a caring, positive and welcoming learning environment where they can achieve their full potential in their education and develop their social communication.
Our broad curriculum allows pupils to pursue both academic and vocational paths allowing individuals to strive in their areas of strength.
Oakwood is committed to the following principles:
- To respect the value of all individual pupils and staff
- To provide the highest standards of care and education
- To ensure safety, security and opportunities for success
At a Glance
Below are just some of the key aspects of Oakwood’s offer to young people and their families:
- A well trained staff team, across both education and care, with high staffing ratios providing specialist care and support through planned programmes
- A comprehensive learning centre with a range of specialist teaching facilities equipped with state of the art technological resources to engage young people and develop skills and confidence
- Purpose built, high quality children’s homes, all with en-suite facilities and a range of reception/living areas, furnished and equipped to high standards
- A multi-use games area and other onsite recreational facilities
- Highly personalised, structured curriculum with a full range of nationally accredited qualifications including GCSEs and vocational qualifications
- On-site Therapeutic Services Team that includes an Accredited Counsellor, Consultant Child Psychiatrist, Educational Psychologist, and a Speech and Language Therapist
Message from the Head Teacher
Welcome to Oakwood Learning Centre. Our vision is to provide the highest quality education and care for our pupils, which will allow them to thrive and develop. Set in its own grounds, the Learning Centre is a vibrant, happy and purposeful community in which every pupil is known and valued.
By offering a highly personalised, structured curriculum for pupils we are able to ensure positive learning and social outcomes for all. Our staff team, which comprises of a vast range of skills and expertise, support the young people to achieve their very best.
We are here to help parents, carers, social workers and local authorities in their search for the right provision for young people. If you feel that you would like to know more or to arrange a visit please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
What we’ve been up to at Oakwood – Integrated Therapeutic Provision
Shannon, a pupil at Oakwood Learning Centre, recently presented a cheque to a local charity, Butterwick Hospice. The budding fundraiser handed over a cheque for £95 with English Teacher Caroline Fraser. The money was raised over the festive ...￼ Continue reading
Sign up to our newsletter to receive leading advice and support, along with all our latest news and events, direct to your inbox.