Staff, pupils and parents from Cedar House School are celebrating following the publication of their latest residential report by Ofsted. The provision has been judged as outstanding again demonstrating the incredible difference Cedar House School continues to makes to its pupils and their families. The Ofsted Report was glowing in praise for the overall experience and progress of children and young people, how well they are helped and protected, and the effectiveness of leaders and managers.
The report noted:
- The children flourish in an environment where they have very strong relationships with the staff team.
- The children benefit from a seamless approach between school staff and residential staff. Effective delivery of the 24-hour curriculum continually reinforces the children’s learning.
- The children are extremely proud of their achievements. One child commented: ‘I could never have done this before I came here. I have more confidence to do everything now.’
- The children are exceptionally well prepared for when they leave the school, and they all go on to further education. The children learn a range of life skills that prepare them well for independence, including travelling on public transport, doing their laundry and telling the time.
- The leaders are highly ambitious and committed to continually improving the quality of service for the children.
- The staff are keen and confident to bring in new creative ideas to keep improving the quality of care and progress for the children.
- The school has been nominated for a national award for outstanding outcomes for the children. In addition, the school has recently received excellent feedback from an external service, for its outstanding, sustained improvement in positive behaviour support.
To view the full report click here.
Kath Taylor, Head Teacher proudly commented:
Everyone at Cedar House is thrilled and justly proud of the ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted result following our latest residential inspection. The report gives a real flavour of what Cedar House is about and highlights the progress that we have made and continue to make. Most importantly the report is a celebration of the fantastic work that staff do and their strong relationships with the children.
Well done and thank you to everyone, staff and pupils – it made for a very enjoyable Christmas!
Well done to the staff team on a great outcome.