Staff, pupils and parents from Lakeside School are celebrating following the publication of their latest report by Ofsted. The provision has been judged as outstanding again demonstrating the incredible difference Lakeside School continues to make to its pupils and their families.
The Ofsted report was glowing in praise for the effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare, and outcomes for pupils.
The report noted:
- Pupils love attending the Lakeside School. Their attendance is excellent and they are proud to be Lakeside School pupils. Pupils said that staff are kind and caring and always make them feel safe.
- Pupils thrive at this school. They enjoy an excellent range of activities, including swimming, photography and horse-riding.
- Pupils are active citizens who take their roles as school council members seriously. They raise money for good causes, visit local care homes and help to keep the local community free of litter.
- Staff have very high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour. They help pupils to do their very best and to manage their feelings and emotions.
- Pupils told us that staff bring learning to life. Pupils appreciate their trips to farms, Roman settlements and the theatre.
- Leadership and management are strong at Lakeside School. The dedicated headteacher and senior leadership team have very high ambitions for pupils. They are clear about the purpose of the school. All staff care about their pupils deeply.
- The curriculum is broad and meets pupils’ needs exceptionally well. This is because leaders have carefully designed the curriculum.
To read the full report click here
Vicky Size, Head Teacher proudly commented:
I am both proud and delighted with the outstanding judgement that Ofsted has given to Lakeside School. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff team and to the hard work and efforts of our pupils. Lakeside School is a very special place to work and we are fortunate to support children who exhibit complex social, communication and learning difficulties, with associated anxieties and behaviours, and to try to make a difference in their lives.
Well done from everyone at Witherslack Group.