Pupils, parents and staff from Hartwell School are celebrating following the publication of their first report by Ofsted. The school has been judged as good which highlights the brilliant learning environment the school offers to all of its pupils.
The school prides itself on giving pupils a happy, welcoming and inspiring environment where they can enjoy learning and achieve success. To the delight of everyone these fantastic qualities were noted in the report.
The Ofsted report was glowing in praise for the school, its staff and the overall approach to the education, care and support of each child. Highlights from the report included:
- Pupils love coming to this school. For many, Hartwell School is the first positive experience they have had of education. One pupil said, ‘I really look forward to coming to school in the morning and for me, that’s a first.’
- Parents and carers are grateful for the support they receive and how, in turn, this has improved family life. One parent said, ‘I feel much less on edge now I know my daughter is enjoying school.’
- Pupils behave well. They are keen to do their best in lessons and please their teachers. They respond well to praise. They enjoy collecting their ‘Hartwell Hearts’ for making positive choices in their behaviour and for doing good work.
- Pupils are helped to make positive life choices, to avoid behaviour that might put them at risk; rather, choices and behaviour that lead to healthy, active lifestyles.
- Specialist staff are on hand to support pupils to manage their feelings and emotions. Staff understand pupils’ social, emotional and mental health needs.
To read the full report click here.
Peter Ewart, Head Teacher, commented:
“I am both proud and delighted with the judgement from the school’s first Ofsted inspection. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff team and also to the hard work and efforts of our pupils. Hartwell School is a very special place to work and we feel extremely fortunate to help support all of the pupils and to try to make a difference in their lives. ”
Well done everyone.