Pupils, parents and staff from Dovetree School are celebrating following the publication of their first report by Ofsted. The school has been judged as good, which highlights the incredible learning environment the school offers to allow every pupil to thrive.
The school prides itself on giving pupils an inspiring, welcoming and supported environment where they can enjoy learning and achieve success. To the delight of everyone at the school, these fantastic qualities were noted in the report.
The report noted:
- Pupils are strongly supported to overcome any previous disaffection with school. Pupils engage well with their learning and enjoy school.
- All staff are committed to pupils’ personal development. Pupils improve their attendance and behaviour compared with their experience in previous settings.
- The curriculum provides excellent opportunities for pupils to fill gaps in their previous learning across a wide range of experiences.
- Records of the assessment of pupils’ progress provide clear evidence of their successes and assist teachers with their planning for future learning targets.
- Parents and carers are pleased with the regular information received, informing them about their children’s progress and well-being.
To read the full report click here.