Over the past few years the numbers of children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions at Westmorland School in Chorley has significantly increased.
In order to develop even greater progress with pupils on the spectrum, Westmorland will be opening the ‘BEARS’ Autism Provision within the school grounds in Spring 2013.
‘BEARS’ stands for Becoming Emotionally Aware Resilient & Sociable.
The additional provision is being created to support Westmorland pupil’s on the autistic spectrum, requiring a higher level of nurturing support and care and will mean they can benefit from;
• Sensory Room
• Sensory Garden
• Speech & Language Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Educational Psychologist
• Autism Specific Specialist Staff
• Social Communication Curriculum
• Soft Play
• Small classes with high levels of support
• Stress Reduction Plans for every child
• Individually tailored learning programmes
• High tech learning resources