Year 11 students are celebrating after the announcement of this year’s GCSE results.
Staff and Year 11 pupils across Witherslack Group schools eagerly awaited the announcement having diligently studied and prepared for the exams throughout the academic year. Everyone was delighted to see that the hard work and commitment had paid off, with students and staff celebrating together following a whole host of successful outcomes.
This year’s highlights included:
• Over 60% of students achieved passes in English, Maths and Science
• Altogether, across Witherslack Group schools over 196 GCSE passes were achieved
• Our students outperformed the national average for independent special schools by an amazing 20% for achieving 1 pass A* to G
• Witherslack Group students also exceeded the national average for independent special schools by 20% for achieving 5 GCSE passes or more
• 82% of our Chilworth House Upper School students achieved a pass in Science
• 93 % of students at our Cumberland School achieved at least one pass
• Half of our students at Oversands School got at least 5 or more GCSEs
• A special mention for one of our students at Pontville School, who achieved 5A* to Cs, including an A for Geology
There will be more highlights to announce in the coming days from across our schools.
Kelley Fray, Witherslack Group’s Deputy Chief Operating Officer, commented: “We are really proud of all our students for achieving such impressive results. All the staff and young people have worked so hard to achieve outstanding outcomes and it is a real testimony to their commitment that this year’s results are so impressive. Well done everyone.”
This year’s results have reflected not only academic success but display the confidence and talents of our students. For many, their results will allow them to progress on to Further Education or training and look to the future with excitement and ambition.