This year’s GCSE results have yet again been the cause of celebration for our students, their families and staff across our Group.
Results day shines a light on the success and progress of our students and the support and guidance of our teaching, care and therapy staff. This year’s results, more than ever, deserve real celebration in light of the challenges that the Covid-19 pandemic has presented to everyone.
There have been so many stories of success and this year’s GCSE highlights include:
• 411 GCSE passes altogether across our schools
• 93% of pupils achieving a qualification in English and Maths
• 80% of pupils achieving a qualification in Science
• An average of 9 qualifications per pupil
• Pontville School celebrated their pupils achieving 122 GCSE passes with 88 at grade 4 or above
• 100% of students at Chilworth House Upper School, Oakwood Learning Centre and Avon Park School achieving Maths and English
• 82% of students at Ashbrooke School achieving 5 GCSEs or more, with 91% achieving Science
• 83% of students at Cumberland School achieved Maths & English
• 80% of students at The Grange Learning Centre achieved GCSE Maths & English
In such challenging times it is clear to see that pupils and staff have well and truly risen to the challenge and their continued commitment and hard work, even throughout the lockdown, has produced such well-deserved results. Well done to everyone and we hope that the celebrations continue over the coming days.